Access multiple NOV applications and services with one login.Register here Sign in
Building on the success of the GustoMSC drillship designs, Magellan brings a whole new set of capabilities in deepwater drilling. Its unparalleled hookload, variable load and mud capacities enable the development of increasingly deep and complex wells.
Designed around the drilling process, the Magellan is the most capable and advanced of our drillship designs, featuring the latest in hoisting technology, up to two dual 20k BOPs, combined with MPD and DGD technology. All around access to working areas, maximized accessibility to the moonpool and dedicated areas for, amongst others, the advanced technology, well testing and completions and highly evolved mud system lay-outs add to the overall efficiency and operational flexibility.
Signature GustoMSC design features like maximized deck areas, in hull mud and bulk systems, protected walkways and optional Thruster Retrieval System add to the operational safety and efficiency.
Customization is built into the design, offering flexibility and adaptability to client requirements is enabled. The design accommodates drilling equipment from all major suppliers.
- Game changing design for deeper and complex wells:
- Drilling operations integrated in design, high efficiency and redundancy
- Latest generation high capacity hoisting systems
- Dual 20K BOP, MPD & DGD ready
- Separated BOP and X-mas tree areas for simultaneous activity
- Highly evolved, separable mud systems
- High variable load
- Maximized usable deck area
- Advanced moonpool solutions reduce resistance and enable drilling efficiency
- CFD optimized hullshape
- Integrated drilling packages, developed with equipment suppliers,
- Maximum uptime through Thruster Retrieval System: Inspection, Repair, Maintenance and change-out of thrusters offshore
- Can be fully customized to specific requirements and yard specific standards
|POB||230 - 250|
|Power||48 – 62 MW|
Our designs at work
Ideas may start on paper, but our designs are brought to life each day as they serve the marine and offshore industries. View our reference list of field-proven designs and vessels.