Our d-Solve™ dissolvable completion tools work together with our openhole and cemented completion fracturing systems as well as different plugs and sleeves to achieve optimal downhole zonal isolation without the need for chemicals or millouts/drillouts. They retain structural integrity under high temperatures and differential pressures for a specific range of time, dependent on fluid conditions in the wellbore, before dissolving. This ability to predictably degrade over time, combined with the multistage frac system, allows operators increased job efficiency without the need for flowing back frac balls and post-frac intervention.
Our d-Solve dissolvable ball products use proprietary metallic and nonmetallic dissolvable materials to allow for interventionless operations across a wide range of applications. The dissolvable materials used in d-Solve balls have been qualified through extensive internal testing, including dissolving rates and differential pressure capabilities in a wide variety of downhole environments.
d-Solve dissolvable balls will dissolve after a period of time after coming into contact with fluid. With this functionality, they can be used in a range of applications, including our openhole and cemented i-Frac multistage stimulation completions, to achieve optimal downhole zonal isolation, pressure testing of the casing, temporary isolation, and interventionless packer setting. d-Solve dissolvable balls are custom designed to retain structural integrity under high temperatures and differential pressures for a specific range of time depending on the fluid types in the wellbore. The d-Solve balls will then dissolve in the well fluids, eliminating the need to mill or retrieve the balls by flowing back the well.
- Cemented and Cased Hole Multistage Stimulation Technology Development and Field Wide Implementation in a North Sea Chalk Oilfield
- The Evolution, Optimization & Experience of Multistage Frac Completions in a North Sea Environment
- Dissolvable Technology Enhances Operational Efficiency of Offshore Completion Operations on the NCS
- Custom manufactured to specific size requirements
- Predictable response when exposed to various well fluids
- Maintains sealing capability in a wide range of temperatures
- Eliminates need for setting and retrieving plugs to set packers
- Eliminates requirement to flow back or mill balls in multistage stimulation applications
- Degrades predictably over time while in contact with fluid and temperature
- Requires no millout/drillout after fracturing operations
- Requires no chemicals or acids
- High compressive strength capabilities
- Strict tolerances held on ball diameter (OD)
- In-house testing of specific well fluids and conditions
- Activation of frac sleeves in multistage stimulation
- Interventionless setting of packers
- Temporary isolation during workovers
- Casing pressure testing
- Internal isolation of zones during fracturing or acidizing