Fast, accurate makeup and breakout
The 8147 CRFlex™ machine is the latest addition to our TorqueMaster™ line of make/break torque machines. This self-contained, freestanding continuous-rotation torque unit is designed for fast and accurate makeup and breakout of premium threaded connections and multiconnection tools with various diameters.
More managed torque
Its fully electronic touchscreen control incorporates a torque/turn logging system that logs connection data and automatically stops the torque process at your desired set point, reducing the possibility of overtorque and damaged connections. A database containing connection parameters can be used to set up the torque requirements, eliminating clerical errors when setting up the connection for makeup.
Powered by our Flex™ series independent hydraulic power unit (HPU), the CRFlex is ideally suited for any application in which continuous-turn capability is desired, such as completion tool service shops. The unit requires only an electrical power source and is designed for simplicity of operation and maintenance. Customizable to fit your facility, the nonslip bed and beams come in various lengths to ensure the equipment matches your process and space.
Features and Benefits
- Continuous rotation – Unit includes a continuous-rotation headstock and a traversing, torque-measuring, nonrotating tailstock.
- Flexible grip – Capable of handling both concentric and eccentric connections. Our proprietary soft-shoe jaw design provides wide-grip size ranges, requiring fewer jaws to handle the same OD range.
- Safe data – PDF connection reports are saved for every connection and can be copied to a USB memory stick or printed at the console.
- Remote HPU – Separating the HPU from the control console reduces the noise, vibration, and heat from the work space.
- Plastic hose chain – The rugged, modular design does not corrode or crease.
CRFLex TorqueMaster Machine Specifications
|Chucking capacity||2⅜- to 18-in. headstock and tailstock|
|Low center working height||Chuck is 47¼ in. above the bed and hose chain.|
|Make/break torque||1,000 to 100,000 lb-ft capacity|
|Center clamping distance||9 in.|
|Revolutions per minute range||0.5 to 3 rpm while logging, 5 rpm max.|
|Power requirements||35 kW full load|
|Bed length||21 ft, 18 ft, 15 ft, 12 ft standard (inquire for different sizes)|
|Accessories||Up to four jacks can be applied on the headstock beam, tailstock beam, or on the bed|
|HPU noise rating (idle)||70 dB (from 3 ft)|