The Flow Lock Sub™ is part of an openhole multistage completion that allows circulation through the completion string until setting of hydraulic equipment above it is required.
After a ball is dropped from surface and circulated down to the Flow Lock Sub, increasing the system pressure will shift the internal components of the Flow Lock Sub and shut-in the circulating bypass ports. Hydraulic equipment above may be set, and pressure integrity is maintained above and below the Flow Lock Sub, even if the ball rolls off the seat.
- Ball-activated sleeve seals off the casing inside diameter (ID) from the annulus
- Once sealed, the Flow Lock Sub seals from above and below the sub
- Compatible with a range of ball outside diameters (ODs)
- Field-adjustable activation pressure
- Once the flow path is closed, it is locked close, even without the activation ball in place
- Provides a reliable method to set pressure-activated components in the wellbore
- Openhole completions that require setting of pressure-activated tools such as packers
Flow Lock Sub Specifications
|Flow Lock Sub||Solid steel|
|Burst pressure||10,000 psi (69 000 kPa)|
|Temperature||350 °F (177 °C)
|Activation ball size||0.750 to 1.875 in. (19.0 to 47.6 mm)|