Power Generation Solutions (Australia/Pacific)
Choose Portable Power for safe, secure, sound-attenuated generators with trained electricians to respond 24/7/365.
Our Portable Power group has dedicated teams of specialized generator technicians—both mechanical and electrical safety trained—that provide support to our clients with a number of mobile vehicles and trucks throughout the state when and as required 24/7/365. Based on our strategic branch locations we are able to reach our clients and respond efficiently to the challenges that temporary and remote power requirements bring.
Portable Power has equipment on hire with major civil construction companies in Perth, and with our own mobile electricians we can provide a one-stop shop for rental and installation of power infrastructure.
We have extensive experience in providing temporary site power, dewatering power, and equipment power.
Also available are custom-built units with 3-day continuous running fuel capabilities.
Emergency power and standby generators
Emergency backup power is a highly technical discipline that must respond in seconds to avoid disaster. Portable Power has designed solutions that include a fuel supply to automatic changeover switching in the event of mains power failure. Significant design is undertaken with exhaust treatment to achieve very low dBA readings in urban areas. Failure alarms and redundancy features are designed to be integral to building management solutions.
Portable Power has established expertise handling the generator needs of many successful events and festivals.
We can provide our equipment as a simple supply-only service or offer a comprehensive service that includes supply, installation, sign-off, and even management of every aspect. The latter can take your event to the next level of safety and professionalism.
As power generation specialists with a huge range of cable, switching, and distribution equipment, we can rapidly deploy solutions to deal with large-scale events over weekends and public holidays.
Power stations for the mining solutions and camp accommodation
Portable Power can provide power stations for remote accommodation camps. These installations are quiet, reliable, and easy to operate. Installations can be provided that start and stop automatically based on the load and include built-in redundancy, whereas other installations are more basic with two generators connected via a changeover switch, either manual or automatic in operation.
Portable Power doesn’t just supply generators; we also analyze several factors before choosing the most suitable equipment for the job at hand, such as:
- Load profile forecasts
- Ease of operation
- Transport and logistical restrictions
- Service intervals and fuel consumption
By custom-designing a power supply solution in this way, Portable Power strives to exceed customers' expectations.
- Built to comply with ISO3046, ISO8525, and ISO8525-3-5-6
- Sound-attenuated heavy-duty galvanized powder-coated steel canopies
- Oversized, fully bunded, skid-mounted diesel fuel tanks
- Remote fuel valves for easy remote fuel tank connection to increase refilling intervals
- State-of-the-art PLC controllers with touchscreens and remote-monitoring capabilities
- RCD electrical protection on all units
- Single-point center lift and forklift pockets for versatile movability
- Large range of sizes and availability from 20 to 2000 kVA
- Synchronizing facilities for simple redundancy and increased flexibility to meet your exact power needs
Regardless of setup structure, our approach to the needs of this vital industry is consistently the same as that of customers from other sectors. We understand that you can’t afford to be without power.
Portable Power can supply power options from 20 kVA for simple care and maintenance setups to 2000-kVA synchronized sets producing 10-MW power stations.
Water management solutions in Western Australia
Portable Power has worked with nearly all dewatering companies in Western Australia for their water management needs.
- Long-range bunded fuel tanks (3 days plus run time)
- Remote fuel supplies
- Remote start/stop
- Circuit breakers suitable for pump starts
- Super silenced heavy-duty canopies
- Lockable tamper-proof canopies
- On-site fuel deliveries in the Perth metro area