Using our wireless catenary system, intervention work can be completed from work barges or vessels available at lower day rates than intervention platforms typically used.
Typical catenary systems have the coiled tubing power pack located on the barge/vessel with the control cabin and tubing reel; the necessary hydraulic supply lines are installed between the barge/vessel up to the platform, allowing standard hydraulic control of the equipment from the operator cabin. The Hydra Rig™ wireless system has a dedicated power pack located on the platform for dedicated blowout preventer (BOP) and injector power, with additional control systems also integrated to the power pack for manual operator control from the platform available.
The wireless Hydra Rig system allows control from the control cabin to the platform power pack, which provides drive power for the injector and the hydraulic supply to the BOPs installed on the wellhead. A separate smaller power pack is located on the vessel/barge to support the tubing reel and the catenary injector head c/w shear seal BOP, which is integrated to a scissor lift assembly to maintain the tubing payoff angle.
The benefit of this system is remaining in full control in the event of a sail-away/disconnect event. The BOP system can be fully maintained from the dedicated power pack located on the platform. With the removal of hydraulic lines between the locations there is also a reduced environmental impact in the event of a sail-away or disconnect event, with only the coiled tubing requiring shear sealing to allow safe sail-away.
This equipment can also operate as a standard coiled tubing unit when required. Every effort has been made to configure the unit as close to a standard coiled tubing unit for ease of operation.
- CE marking where necessary
- ATEX/DNV/BV-approved equipment build specifications
- Wireless system communication; ethernet connection also available for nonwireless operation
- Powered hose reels for reduced manual handling
- Operational temperature parameters available: -10 to +50 °C
- Stackable equipment designs available for reduced equipment footprint
- ISO locks integrated into skid frame for trailer use and ease of transportation
- Environmentally friendly bunded skid frame designs
- Available in soundproofed or open-framed designs