The XLC-S is a second-generation integral connector with pin and box threads machined directly into the pipe wall. This design produces an ideal connector geometry: a true flush inside diameter (ID) and flush outside diameter (OD).
Featuring a wedge threadform with enhanced strength and fatigue performance, XLC-S connectors are ideally suited for conductors and other applications in which both structural integrity and special clearance are critical. XLC-S connectors have an external metal-to-metal seawater exclusion seal, which prevents corrosion in the threads.
XLC-S connectors make up in approximately three turns, the majority of which are low-torque spin-up until the wedge thread surfaces engage. Makeup torques are comparatively low and range from 30,000 to 60,000 ft-lb depending on size. XLC-S connectors are suitable for makeup with either power tongs or manual tongs.
XLC-S connectors have excellent field service history, successfully being used in a wide variety of offshore conductor applications since the late 1980s. XL Systems has completed extensive physical testing of XLC-S connectors, including full-scale fatigue testing and pile-driving testing, and the connectors are manufactured in diameters of 20 in. or more.
- Flush ID and OD profile
- Fatigue rated and tested
- Fully driveable
- External metal seawater exclusion seal
- Integral box and pin threads
- Wedge thread technology
- Ideal connector geometry—the connector takes up no more annular space than the pipe
- Comprehensive fatigue testing and analysis data support harsh-environment applications
- Designed and fully tested for drive applications
- Prevents corrosion and corrosion fatigue in the threads
- Cost-effective design eliminates large-diameter forgings and welding costs
- Easy spin-up, high torque capacity, and excellent resistance to anti-rotation
With pin and box threads machined directly into the pipe wall, our XLC-S connector has the ideal geometry. Made up in just three turns, the XLC-S connector is fully driveable and designed for structure integrity.